Software Engineering Manager
- Job Type:
- IT leadership
- $160:000 - $175:000
- Ref #:
**New Permanent Role - Software Engineering Manager**
$160,000 – $175,000 Salary & Benefits Package + Relocation Package
Location – Missouri - US State
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
The Software Engineering Manager manages and oversees the design and development of software applications. They are responsible for directing the work of a team of software engineers to ensure best practices are followed and output is of the highest quality. The job holder must understand, appreciate, and navigate the complexities of delivering information-guided software for medical applications.
The job holder applies leadership skills to successfully organize and direct software engineering teams as well as development partners and is comfortable working in a distributed and international environment. The job holder has authority for personnel actions, and it is expected that, in conjunction with technical leads, they will assemble and maintain highly talented software engineering teams.
The job holder must have a strong understanding of software engineering and development methodologies. Although not directly responsible for writing application source code, the job holder should be capable of participating in technical discussions and be able to understand and facilitate technical problem-solving activities.
- Foster a strong engineering culture, set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with other engineering and management teams.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Technical Leads to understand and maintain a high-level understanding of the current and upcoming requirements of the system, including the software development roadmap.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop top software engineering talent.
- Drive end-to-end quality with effective automation of unit level, component level and system level testing. Work closely with clinical experts to ensure high quality of product delivered.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the deliverables of functional area under her/his responsibility.
- Successfully manage team members in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations, and internal and external stakeholders to drive product development efforts.
- Be involved in all aspects of the software product development processes.
- Guide and oversee enhancements to new and existing development processes to make all aspects of product development, deployment, and maintenance fast and efficient.
- Effectively manage team financial budgets and participate in engineering-related business planning.
- Represent her/his functional area towards all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing personnel decisions related to the managed software engineering teams.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Minimum 10 years of software engineering experience building and/or leading product software development.
- Minimum 5 years of medical software development experience – including requirements definition, coding, testing, and documentation.
- Professional experience designing, deploying, and managing cloud-based software applications.
- Professional experience designing systems that incorporate network and security architecture concepts and controls.
- Higher education qualification (BSc/MSc) in software engineering, computer science, informatics, or equivalent.
- Able to interact with, and coordinate amongst, software development teams, engineering management, and product management in a collaborative, productive, and efficient manner.
- Able to successfully apply practical software modeling methodologies and tools (e.g., data flow and architecture diagrams, UML, object-oriented design, and Agile development tools).
- Able to work with, and advocate for, good software development practices, e.g., unit and end-to-end testing, (automated) build management, code reviews, requirements management, pair programming, and test-driven development.
- Comfortable working with versioned APIs and services, web protocols such as REST, and deployment technologies such as Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to summarize complex, highly technical problems, then develop and present solutions to a large audience. Able to prepare high-quality documents, diagrams, and presentations with appropriate brevity and clarity.