Cloud Architect/Product Manager Cloud
- Job Type:
- IT leadership
- South East
- £competitive salary and benefits package
- Ref #:
Cloud Architect/Product Manager Cloud
As a part of the Global IT Architecture team, the Cloud Architect role requires a strong cloud Virtualization/Application Hosting, Systems Management, Scripting & Automation around Infrastructure as Code, and Operations background.
The incumbent will be responsible for the developing the Operations Architecture of existing and new IaaS, Paas, SaaS, and BPaaS components pursuant to measurement, performance, charge-back, show-back, financial analysis, capacity planning, security, and business continuity/disaster recovery leveraging our virtualization strategy through cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices. This leader will be able to architect, deploy and maintain high-availability, fault-tolerant private & public cloud systems within Microsoft Azure.
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance, high-availability public, private, and hybrid cloud environments through Microsoft Azure automation for the client Global IT and the clients Cloud Services
- You will act as SME on virtualization and cloud technologies for Global IT, EA and “The clients Cloud Services Operations” and implement scalability- and performance models and road-maps including working with cross-functional teams to influence software design/compatibility/manageability in our cloud from an operations and cost efficiency perspective.
- Strong experience in a multi-disciplined team is critical as is your ability to clearly communicate complex technology solutions.
- Collaborate with the Director of Cloud Solutions, Director of the clients Cloud Operations and Head of Global IT Infrastructure in managing costefficient cloud Infrastructure and estimation to derive the best implementation strategies in global markets
- Plan, define, develop, and execute high level and low level Cloud design documents, policies, procedures, resources, standards and project commitments in collaboration with the Director of the clients Cloud Operations and Head of Global IT Infrastructure.
- Maintain Infrastructure for the provisioning, configuration, and compliance of Microsoft Windows and Citrix environments.
- Drive value from 3rd party vendors through governance, KPI’s and SLA’s
Serve as escalation point for technical issues and provide architectural solutions/design changes to resolve persistent issues.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competEncies -
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft AZURE automation using JSON and Microsoft Powershell, DevOps (VSTS), and DSC
- 7+ years hands-on experience with virtualization technologies including: HyperV, XenApp/Desktop, VMware.
- 7+ years strong experience in managing or consulting of enterprise application infrastructure such as Citrix Xenapp and Microsoft AD & SQL. Datacenter experience is preferred.
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification is a plus
- An in depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models with a specific focus on Azure
- Extensive experience in conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments observing business and technical perspectives
- Experience in conducting cloud service maps, TCO analysis, security considerations as part of a wider Cloud Adoption Framework
- Strong experience in managing applications in load balanced environment.
- Strong experience with VMware technologies such as Virtual Center Operations, Automation, VMware VRA, and Cloud tools.
- Experience in network and security architecture.
- Experience in working with Java, Web Services, SOA.
- Have familiarity with Application Servers (e.g. Apache/Tomcat).
- High commitment and the demonstrated ability to drive to positive outcomes
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven, pragmatic and well organized
- Strong understanding of and drive to accomplish stakeholder satisfaction/value through project delivery
- Excellent project management, organization, and team collaboration skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability