Staff Firmware Engineer – United States - California - San Diego
- Job Type:
- IT leadership
- $150k – $160k
- Ref #:
**New Permanent Role – Staff Firmware Engineer**
Location – San Diego
Salary $150k - $160k & Benefits Package
Industry – Medical Device
As a Staff Firmware Engineer, you will work with a cross-functional team to conceptualize, design, and launch innovative smart connected products which solves key customer problems in the healthcare space.
The candidate should enjoy an open collaborative environment, be flexible and responsive and have a drive to bring new and innovative products to market. Most important qualification for applying is the desire to pursue and advance your career in firmware or embedded software engineering
- Working within a cross-functional team from concept to production release of next generation smart dispensing products.
- Lead technical focus group to develop firmware modules and provide technical leadership and guidance to the team comprising of internal resources and external design partners.
- Drive firmware development for performance, safety, scalability, modularity, robustness, and tight integration with the hardware.
- Hands-on hardware bringing up, device system debugging and code optimization.
- Implement continuous improvements and best practices within the team, and larger organization.
- Drive firmware/hardware co-design for optimized solutions and schedules.
- Document the design changes
- Bachelor's Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 6-8 year’s experience or advanced degrees (MS or PhD) with 4-6 years experience.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and positive while solving very challenging problems.
- Having strong sense of the ownership and accountability for overall team success.
- Experience developing in C and C++ in a real time embedded environment
- RTOS experience, such as SMX, SafeRTOS, etc.
- Strong knowledge in hardware software interface, digital and analog circuits.
- Experience with device drivers, bootloader, secure boot, software hardware interfaces, device communication on embedded systems.
- Experience in test driven development experience using unit testing, software in the loop, and hardware in the loop methodologies, a validation mindset is required.
- Experience developing connected products.
- Development with wireless connectivity protocols such as Bluetooth, BLE, Mesh, Zigbee, WiFi, LTE-M, CAT-M
- Familiar with the Development IDEs such as IAR, Keil, Eclipse, and/or Visual Studio
- Have prior experience with Linux kernel and device driver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills