- Job Type:
- IT leadership
- $150k – $160k
- Ref #:
**New Permanent Role – Infrastructure Architect**
Location – New Jersey or Nebraska – United States
Salary $150k - $160k & Benefits Package
Industry – Medical Device
The role of the Infrastructure Architect is to serve as the person responsible for driving the IT infrastructure architecture for the Diabetes Care Business. The Architect will be expected to develop a high-level strategy on how IT infrastructure services will be implemented and driven through the Diabetes Care Business. This individual will serve as the point person that will work with both the EUC/Collab and Cloud/Network Leaders to develop the best approach for delivering IT solutions securely to the business. This role has the unique opportunity to develop an infrastructure architecture from the ground up for Diabetes Care Business.
The Infrastructure Architect will lead the development of the Diabetes Care Business infrastructure roadmap. The Architect will have the unique opportunity of designing a global infrastructure from the ground up embracing cutting edge technologies without the burden of supporting vast legacy systems.
The Infrastructure Architect will be a key team member of the IT Infrastructure team who can identify business opportunities, conceive solutions, work well with internal application and infrastructure groups (as well as external vendors), build consensus and plans, and execute solutions across multiple business areas. Candidate will be required to demonstrate and grow your expertise in Cloud technologies including Office 365, Azure, and AWS. Knowledge of client technologies, mobility, Server, Storage, Database, Network, Middleware, and vendor management is also key for this role.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serves as the subject matter expert at a global level to provide strategic oversight and planning of enterprise initiatives to ensure infrastructure components are properly designed in alignment with enterprise infrastructure strategies. Influences the development and drives the execution of operating plans.
- Reviews and recommends infrastructure technologies to meet business needs/& priorities and to align with enterprise strategies.
- Develops and reviews solutions to ensure infrastructure systems and associated processes align with IT strategy along with providing significant input into key business decisions.
- Analyzes business processes associated with managing and supporting systems infrastructure to improve information systems.
- Provides guidance on technical aspects of infrastructure systems development and integration to ensure strategies, roadmaps, policies, standards, and practices are properly applied.
- Leads development and adoption of infrastructure assets to increase productivity, improve customer service, and strengthen competitive advantage.
- Develops infrastructure assets, technical frameworks, and patterns to drive efficiency, reduce costs, and improve availability and reliability for customers.
- Leads technical solution and response development on proposals; serves as the technical volume lead.
- Participates in efforts to set technical direction and build capabilities in the engineering organization.
- Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the various solutions.
- Validates existing solution architectures and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Leads the development of prototypes/POCs that may be required during capture process and/or the early delivery stages, or in support of R&D efforts.
- Work with hardware manufacturers, application development, and infrastructure and business representatives to develop solutions for Business operations. Analyzes business processes to improve aspects of information systems and leads complex technical project reviews to assess deliverables.
- Assists in technical plan preparations to meet business needs and collaborates with cross-functional teams to prepare technical resource plans.
- Identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches to ensure optimal performance and to meet business needs.
- Recommends technical strategies, roadmaps, reference architectures, policies, standards, and practices to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Design and Architect framework for Capacity / Performance Management and Analysis.
- Build and design framework for providing 360-degree view of complete infrastructure metrics and capabilities.
- Embrace new frameworks using IAAS, PAAS, DAAS, SAAS frameworks and develop roadmaps towards these, including hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Develop Private and Public Cloud application provisioning capabilities.
- Introduce strategic enterprise security framework covering data masking, secure data transfer methods.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding and technical acumen.
In addition, this person should also possess:
- Candidate should possess technical breadth in areas including Cloud, Office 365, EUC, and mobility.
- 8+ years of experience in Cloud, Office 365, EUC, and mobility technologies, strategies, and best practices for implementation and operation
- Candidate must have previous Infrastructure Architecture design experience, strong project management skills and prior experience in formulating requests for proposals, financial analyses, and statements of work and acceptance test plans.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current industry technologies, methodologies and designs, and their applicability and appropriateness in various solution architectures.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity and professionalism along with ability to provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to staff.
- Demonstrates ability to develop winning technical solutions along with ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Ability to facilitate and lead work groups and work productively with a wide range of people.
- Ability to influence within the IT organization as well across to the different functions serving the Diabetes Care Business.
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and a key interest in continuous improving approach
- Ability to travel