Senior Manager, Firmware Engineering
- Job Type:
- IT leadership
- $170:000 - $180:000
- Ref #:
**New Permanent Role – Senior Manager, Firmware Engineering (Remote)**
Location – Remote – United States
Industry – Medical Device
Job Description Summary
The Senior Manager, Firmware Engineering is a technical and people leadership position leading the embedded software/firmware development for medical device product advancements. The individual would have responsibility for leading firmware teams across different sites and working cross-functionally to deliver and support firmware/embedded products for the smart connected care platform.
The responsibilities can include but are not limited to: Own and manage product firmware development for flagship connected medical devices, managing firmware engineers across geographies and taking ownership for the design and development process, validation, planning, and communication with senior management, embedded electronics and software architecture definition, leading & enabling implementation of features as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team (systems, electrical, mechanical and application software), integrating and verifying implemented features through unit and functional testing, developing characterization and evaluating programs for new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, software engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of embedded product development, with a consistent record of product launches
- 3+ years of product/technical leadership and/or engineering management experience.
- Hands on experience developing embedded software in C/C++/Assembly and programming knowledge of Real-Time operating systems (Eg: VxWorks, Micrium).
- Building and retaining Firmware team: Leadership, mentoring, organization, and coordination skills
- Previous experience leading and architecting medical device embedded software and electrical design efforts.
- Experience programming PIC32, the SAM4, and the STM32 processors
- Experience developing low level device drivers for hardware peripheral interfaces and devices such as SPI, I2C, USB, LCD, ADC, DAC, RFIC
- Experience working with WiFi, Bluetooth, and other wireless technologies
- Experience working with hardware including digital and analog circuits, microprocessor hardware and lab board bring-up/ debug
- Setting up Firmware Development Process including development environments, sprint planning, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards for medical devices: FDA QSR, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated customer focus, track record of innovation and publication