- Job Type:
- IT leadership
- South West
- £80.000 - £111,000
- Ref #:
**New Permanent Role – System Architect (Hybrid)**
Location – Crawley UK – Hybrid
Salary – £80k – £111k Annual + Bonus
Industry – Medical Device
My client is looking for a mid-level System Architect to be responsible for the company’s automated treatmreport to the Head of Solution and Product Architecture and be responsible for the architecture and design in online adaptive workflows. You would be reporting to the Head of Solution and Product Architecture and be responsible for them and providing, and designing software applications and solutions developed in-house, working closely with Product Managers and Product Owners. Providing technology leadership in design and development decisions for next-generation applications.
- Interacting and coordinating amongst, software development teams, and engineering management, and utilise management in a collaborative, productive, and efficient manner.
- Comfortable working with versioned APIs and services, web protocols such as REST, and deployment technologies such as Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes.
The right stuff
- Developing, managing, and maintaining product software architecture designs to maximize software quality and development efficiency.
- Understanding, exploring, and communicating the non-functional requirements of the system.
- Contributing to both planning and execution of software development roadmaps.
- Evaluating design alternatives and performing a cost-benefit analysis, concept exploration, and prototyping.
- Developing and maintaining models and documentation necessary to describe the system ffivenction.
- Working with teams to help split architectural epics into detailed designs, features, and user stories.
Nice to have
- Minimum 5 years of medical software development experience – including requirements definition, coding, testing, and documentation.
- Minimum three years of experience as, or performing similar duties as, a Software Architect or Principal Engineer, with a proven record of delivering solutions to customers (preferably in the field of radiation therapy).
- Knowledge of radiation therapy workflows, concepts, and related medical communication standards, e.g., DICOM, HL7, FHIR, and IHE, is a plus.
- BSc/MSc in software engineering, computer science, informatics, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.